Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

Once again mommy couldn't sleep any longer and bounded out of bed at 6 a.m.  Okay, it was more like dragging myself out of bed but I didn't want to miss the kids reaction to seeing their baskets.  Within moments of getting my camera and sitting in my chair I heard the first stirrings of life coming from the kid's bedroom.  Sure enough I heard Sheila go into the bathroom and shut the door.  But after the toilet flushed she didn't appear in the living room but I heard her climb the ladder back to her bed.

After fifteen minutes I again hear stirrings and soon Sheila appears in the hall.  She strolls into the room glancing over to her basket on her table and starts to giggle as she gets over to me and says, "Look, the Easter bunny came."

Then finally she got excited.  After only glancing into her basket she had to examine Timmy's and Kimberly's baskets.
Then she ran back to her room calling "Timmy, Timmy, the Easter bunny came."

Kimberly, of course, awoke with all the commotion.

After the commotion of the morning we settled down to watch a session of conference.  Between the sessions of conference Grandma, Papa, and Lydia came over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt.

All the kids got tons of eggs.
I made a fun cake for dessert.

I got the idea from my Simple Delicious magazine.  I was inspired by their circus cake.
It was a fun day.

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Very cute pics! The cake looks fun too! Looks like the kids had fun!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Looks like everyone had a great easter. I love the cake, very cute! I will post easter pictures when I get home.