Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goal update

10 things I look forward to:

1. trip to Idaho--will be June-July.  We have booked camp sites in Mammoth cave, KY: Zion National Park, UT; Grand Canyon, AZ; and Mesa Verde National Park, CO.  Still have lots more to plan and book
2. Winter olympics--watched and enjoyed.
3. Ray's raise--finally got it this payday.  His ceremony was Mar 16.  I still need to download pictures and blog about that.
4. "Tower of Midnight"-- unfortunately that is not being released until December but I am now reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians among other books.
5. Kimberly's firsts--can roll over and now is trying to sit up.
6. new van-well, we got a SUV instead. We got a 2009 Kia Borrego EX Limited.
7. beach--meant to go in March but our family got the flu and colds.  Hopefully will start next weekend.
8. Sheila going to kindergarten--this fall.
9. temple--probably not until the summer since Kimberly is so little and the temple is so far away. Will also try to start going quarterly. Plan on going to a few temples on our trip. Some of them Ray and I will have to take turns going.  Want to go to the Nauvoo, Winter Quarters, Twin Falls, and Salt Lake at least.
10. moving-decided not to try this year since the housing market is still in the pits and we need to make a little bit of a profit at least so will just start fixing up our house.  We will be getting new outer door knobs and locks before we leave for our trip.  Also I hope to paint the kids bathroom by then too.
10 Goals for 2010
1. learn to use my serger--will get it out this month. Today I am cutting out patterns.  The first thing I am making this month is matching skirts and dress for the girls and I.
2. finish Old Testament--I am almost done with Nehemiah.
3. catch up on one scrapbook--changed this a little since I will be gone a good month in the summer.  My goal now is to organzie photos and put them in photo albums until I can scrapbook them and then keep current as I get pictures.  If I can keep current I plan on catching up one each year and stay current on other ones until I am all current, and I will start that next year.
4. paint the inside of the house--may paint the kids bathroom before our vacation but I plan on painting their bathroom, the girls room, the dining room and kitchen first.  Then perhaps our room, bathroom, and living room.
5. finish the "Work and the Glory," "Harry Potter," and "Twilight" series again--currently taking a break on those series.  I am reading the second Hunger Games, "Catching Fire," right now.  After finishing that one I will be reading the last Work and the Glory volume.
6. make my own cookbook--still working on it
7. I have lost all the baby weight plus five more pounds.  Would like to lose 5 more before we head out in June.  Then another 5-10 before the end of the year.  Overall I would like to lose 10-15 pounds.
8. make over $200 at the fair--this is coming along slowly but with my sewing I should get more items done.
9. get a fence and new shed-have it in the budget but it may be this fall or next spring now that we had to wait so long for Ray's raise to go through.
10. start writing again--wrote a poem this month.  I don't write poems often and I don't like sharing them usually because they are very personal. 

No comments: