Thursday, April 8, 2010

First Food (other than mommy's milk)

After months, okay maybe not months since I am only almost six months old, of salivating over my family putting weird shiny objects into their mouths loaded with other weird colorful soft things that made my mouth water just by smelling them, mommy finally put one of those shiny things in my mouth loaded with some very soft, runny white stuff.

Yuck, that didn't taste the way the other stuff smelt.  What am I supposed to do with this?  I know I will try to suck it using my tongue.  Ugh, why did it just all come out of my mouth and down my chin?
Please no more.  I don't think I like this new stuff.  I will just stick to Mommy's milk.  It's a lot easier to eat and tastes very good.  Doesn't have a weird tecture.

What a mess.  How can they stand to eat like this?

Mommy's note: I started Kimberly on solids on Easter.  She had rice cereal and didn't like it.  I mixed it with breast milk the next time (it was still frozen the first time so had to use water the first time) and she liked it better.  By Tuesday she was eating about as much as she pushed out with her tongue.  Mixed it with bananas yesterday and she really liked that.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

She's so cute! Aren't solids a hoot when they start them? More out than in sometimes.:)

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

so fun!