Friday, January 15, 2010

"Hoarders"

One of my new favorite shows is "Hoarders" on A&E.  No, it's not because I like to see people living that way.  I find it very sad and appalling.  Some of the houses are worse than others.  The ones that are full of garbage and little critters living amongst the filth and clutter make my skin crawl.  I like the show because it inspires me, perhaps horrifies me.  I watch every Monday night so that I can have the inspiration and the fear to clean my house every day.  I do not want to live like them.  I do have clutter and I may even hoard certain things, i.e. the stacks of Paper Stacks in my room.  I probably have at least 20.  But I have not bought any new ones since around the summer time.  But the show has also helped me detach from and purge my yarn collection.  I decided I haven't made those afghans or other items yet so time to get rid of the yarn and when I make those items I will buy new yarn and only work on 1-2 projects at a time.  I still working on purging my material collection.  But I am down to three bins of material and one of jeans (for a quilt I am making for my son and yes I am working on cutting them up.)  My plan is to have it down to a bin of yarn, a bin of material, and then a bin for my patterns and other sewing supplies.  So every Monday night I will be watching that show and then taking stock in my clutter and purging so that it will never get to that point.

No comments: