Saturday, June 27, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Timmy has started to ask what everything is, even if he knows what it is already. I usually humor him and tell him if he knows or doesn't know. Sometimes I will say, "You know what it is. What is it?" He then usually answers me correctly.

The other evening he was sitting on my bed with me and he pointed up to a picture of the Savior and asked, "What's that?"

"A picture of Jesus."

"Jesus."

"Do you know who Jesus is?"

No answer.

"He's our older brother."

"Older brother."

"Do you remember Jesus from Heaven?"

Nod.

"What do you remember about Jesus?"

"He taught me." That brought tears to my eyes.

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Aw! That is so sweet!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Kids say the sweetest things. I love it. So innocent and I'm sure he's right.