Friday, June 19, 2009

Heat Wave

We are locked in a heat wave down here. I go walking almost every morning between 7:15-7:30 and lately the temperature has been in the 80s by then and that is not counting the heat index (humidity factor.) I am a sweaty mess by the time I get home. The other day I had a sweat moment like Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas (if you remember that famous photo.) I believe her now that it was sweat and not pee. Good thing I was at home when I noticed mine and was able to change. Today we didn't go for our walk. The heat index is 110 (it is about 96 degrees but with the humidity it feels like 110.) I have kept the curtains closed today and trying to keep the house cool. I hope that we get the rain and the relief from the heat this weekend. It will still be hot though.

3 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I am so sorry. That can't help any being pregnant. Here's praying for some rain!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

My my! That is terrible! I think I much prefer our dry heat here. CA had some humidity, still so low, but more than UT has, and that killed me. lol

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

My my! That is terrible! I think I much prefer our dry heat here. CA had some humidity, still so low, but more than UT has, and that killed me. lol