Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

First, here is a picture of the damage done to our car when I was rear ended. Not much damage but it still cost over a thousand dollars to fix. Good thing insurance covered it.

Second, the day after the accident Robin (my neighbor) and I took our kids to the park. We went early about 9 a.m. but it was still very hot.



Third, Robin's little boy broke his femur on Sunday. Poor little boy. He is in half a body cast. That put our walking on hold for now. He's just about 6 months younger than Timmy.

Fourth, the skies finally opened up and let loose it's fury on us last night. It started around 9 p.m. and went well into the night keeping our kids up and in our room most of the night. It thundered, lightninged, and poured rain. We desperately needed it but today there were not many puddles left (since the gound was so parched.) It was still near the 100s today though and will be for one more day before we finally should cool down and get some more rain.

Fifth, I had my doctor's appointment today. I have made up for not gaining any weight the first three months with the last two months. Now it needs to slow down. Also I have an umbilical hernia. I thought it was a hernia from something I seen on an episode of "The Doctors." I can not get it fixed until after I am done having children because it will probably just pop out again. So for the time being I will look like I have an outie above my innie. It usually doesn't bother me but once in awhile it hurts.

Sixth, it was Ray's turn to make dinner (lunch since he is on swings) today and he didn't feel like cooking when I got back from my appointment so I told him we could go out if we didn't go out again until payday. We decided on KFC. We have three in the area and decided to go to the closest one. I really don't like that one because they are always so SLOW. Well, we placed our orders, I took Sheila to the bathroom (the toilet was making noise so she ended up not going,) got our drinks and sat down. After 10 minutes they tell my husband they are out of extra crispy breast (my order) and could they replace it with original recipe. NO! Can they give me wings instead? NO! Why didn't they know they were out of breast when we placed our order? They told him it would take over 20 minutes to cook another one. We got a refund. (They didn't even offer to give me anything for free, or give me a coupon to come back. Horrible customer service. But since I was already drinking my drink I got that for free.) So I sat there and watched as Ray and the kids ate. Ray said the food wasn't even good. It was cold. Afterwards we went across to Zaxby's and ordered me something. I got chicken fingers. I ate in the car on the way home. We have sworn off Wendy's here in the south and I think we are close to KFC, at least that location.

See not much going on with us. I knew we would literally have lazy days of summer this year. Here's to some more lazy days of summer.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Ouch on the poor little guy breaking his femur!!

And sorry about KFC, I hate that kind of thing.

and ouch on the hernia. Will it bother you more as your tummy pops out more?