Monday, June 8, 2009

End of May and June happenings so far

1. The last day of school Sheila got a bucket full of summer goodies. One was a bubble wand and so that day after daddy got home we had to go out and play with bubbles.
2. I finished my first quilt for the baby. The front is two different jungle materials pieced in 6 inch blocks and the back is light green flannel and the binding is yellow ruffle. The quilt is tied with yellow yarn. This can go for a boy or girl. I am also make one girl and boy one that is hand quilted.

3. The last Saturday in May we went to the beach out on base. We tried to go earlier to collect shells but not much luck. I do still need to clean up the ones we got. While we were wading out in the water a big old crab came out of the sand right between our feet. The kids got freaked out and that was the end of being in the water. The kids had fun digging in the sand as usual.
4. I had a few more magnolia blooms. Unfortunately the last two bloomed during a huge thunderstorm so no pictures of them. But I got some of the third to last one to bloom.
5. We had our quarterly primary activity this Saturday. We had a FHE and then made FHE charts and cleaned chairs (our lesson was on service and that was the kid's service projects.) Then out we went to a huge blow up water slide and refreshments. All the kids had a blast. Poor Timmy wouldn't try it though. He's still timid after being terrorized by a boy in McDonalds over a month ago. I made candy pizza for it and if I ever make it again (they were fun) I will not roll pull and peel licorice into pepperoni shapes again. That took forever and they stuck to my fingers, not to themselves, and would unravel if not picked up correctly. It is a peanut butter cookie with white chocolate melted as the sauce and candy topped.

6. We promised Sheila a cake if she became potty trained and we delivered this Saturday. She picked out a little pony cake. She kept calling it her Birthday cake. We decided to have a party for each of them when they make that transition to big girl or boy. Hopefully, we will be having one at the end of the summer for Timmy although I haven't tried yet with him since my hips have been killing me.


7. After around 2 months of not hearing anything Ray finally has a phone interview Wednesday morning for the two positions in Jacksonville. If we are meant to go there we know things will work out and that we will be able to sell our house here. I just hope we will break even since houses in our neighbor have dropped significantly in the last two months. However, houses are a steal in Jacksonville right now and so it will be worth it if it comes to that.

8. I have some serious sciatic nerve issues and acid reflux. I am now on a stronger acid reflux medicine and that has seemed to help with the burning although I am still trying to stay away from trigger foods. Not much I can do about the hips but try not to sit in the same position for long time and rest it when I can. I have been taking warm baths almost nightly to help it too since that is what my OB suggested.

3 comments:

Cher said...

I hear ya about the nerve pain. I get that stupid pain with every pregnancy. Its usually my side but this one its my lower back. You have to move just right for it not to feel pinched.
Love the quilt. I need to get busy on that stuff. I was waiting til we found out what we were having so I can go full blown BLUE! (need to mellow out the all the pink stuff we have!)

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

That quilt is really cute. It looks like your little people have been busy and having fun.
I'm sorry about your sciatic nerve. I get it in my hip and it's all I can do to walk. The joys of pregnancy!:D
Good luck with Ray's interview. Keep us posted.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Looks like some fun pics! yay for Sheila on potty training too! :) And LOVE the quilt, great job!