Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dentist and Accident

Sheila had her third dental visit and Timmy had his first today. It went so well. Ray met me in there since Sheila has never been too pleased at going to the dentist. But she actually opened her mouth for him and then bit down when he asked and let the assistant brush her teeth and give her a fluoride treatment. Timmy also cooperated so we were very pleased. They got toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, stickers, and a little prize.

After the dentist we went out for a smoothie. I needed to run to the grocery store so Ray and I switched cars. He took the kids home and I went to the grocery store. The highway out to our house is one of the worst in the state. Today they had construction going on in the north lane traffic, which I was traveling. I was almost to a light when a car infront of me stopped quickly. I believe that a car or two in front of him stopped first. I was able to stop in time. I looked back and thought "I hope they stop." She didn't look like she was going that fast. I looked back up front and that is when I got hit. I managed not to hit the car in front of me even though the car lurched forward slightly.

I called Ray (he had just got home and was changing) and then we pulled over. A cop pulled up while waiting in the traffic and said that the highway patrol was on their way. So we waited and waited. Ray got there and we waited and waited. After almost an hour Ray called again and so did the lady. Finally Ray just called our insurance company and started to do the exchange. The cop finally got there about 1 1/2 hours later and took the report. The lady was found at fault of course since she rear ended me. She was a nice lady so I did feel bad that she got a ticket.

Why did it take them so long? On Ray's way to get to me from our house which was about 3-5 miles he passed two accidents, one serious one. Then when the lady called the cops again they said there was an accident on both the north and south side of us with injuries so we were low priority. The cop was headed to another one right after us. There was probably 6 accidents today on that road between 3-5 this afternoon. That is just nuts. I am okay. Startled me (yes, I did scream) more than anything. No airbags went off, my head didn't jerk back. It was like being in a bumper car and getting smacked in the back pretty good. Our bumper will probably have to be replaced. Hers look like she just had a little dent. I was in our Milan and she was in Chevy truck so I was surprised our car didn't have more damage. It was my first accident where I didn't side swipe something (those both happened between 18-24 years of age) a real accident and I am glad that we weren't the one with injuries.

3 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I'm glad you are okay. It sounds like it was a day for accident.(Not good!) Scary.
I was rear-ended when I was pregnant with Malachi and that one was BAD! The guy smashed the back of our car good! I ended up going to the clinic and they x-rayed and put me on some pain killers for my whip-lash. Ugh! I hate car accidents.
Again,I'm glad you are okay.:D

Cher said...

SO glad to hear that you are OK. Did you still go in and get checked? I always stay back for the car in front of me just incase the person behind me doest slow down in time. I was rear ended once and have been nervous about it ever since. People need to pay more attention!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Yikes! Glad everyone was okay!! Scary stuff, I would have screamed too!