Friday, June 19, 2009

Been Up To

Okay, so I haven't blogged much lately. It's because I really haven't been up to much. I have given myself sort of a schedule and that is what I have been doing everyday.

I walk, read the scriptures, clean the house, play with the kids, fix lunch, work on scrapbooking or sewing, make dinner, crochet or knit or cross stitch while watching TV, get Sheila in bed, read to Timmy until he falls asleep, and then go to bed myself. I usually read some more before I go to bed. Timmy has taken to waking up in the middle of the night. Last night was the first night in about a month that he hasn't woken up sometime around 2 a.m. This morning he got up at 5:45 and I got up with him since Ray is on the swing shift for the week and only got to bed a little after midnight. So with him waking up every night has Ray and I both exhausted.

Since the accident we had the car in the shop for about 5 days to get the rear end fixed. I also went grocery shopping this week. Today Ray and I went out this morning to take the car in to get the fan belt looked at. (Same car as the accident but this isn't because of the accident and will be covered under our warranty.) They didn't have the part so we will have to take the car back Monday or Tuesday. While they were looking at it we test drove a Honda Pilot and went to Wal-Mart. Oh, and I had a primary meeting. That is the extent of my excitement lately.

My sciatic nerve has finally lightened up (still hurts but not as severely) but now it feels like some one kicked me in my pelvic bone and I walk around the house like I have to pee. Timmy and Sheila colored all over our dining room chairs with crayons. Thankfully I throw out any crayon that enters our home that is not washable and so they cleaned up easily.

Ray interviewed for 4 promotions two weeks ago. He heard about the one yesterday that he didn't get it (we knew that was a long shot.) Still waiting on the other three. Not holding my breath though. However, two more are just opening up and there will be 6-8 more within the next year so hopefully Ray will get one of those. One that just opened up he actually has a good shot at so we will be praying for that.

And that has been the great happenings so far in June.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Sounds like my house. I'm sorry about the crayon mess. Ugh! Why don't they just ask for some paper? I hope you are able to get some rest and I'm sorry about your pelvic bone. Joys of pregnancy.:D

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Hope Ray gets one of the jobs! and I hope Timmy starts sleeping through the night soon.... maybe he is just prepping you for that new little one coming. ha ha! and ouch on the crayons. Thankfully my kids have done that maybe once each, but even with none washable crayons it cleaned up okay. :)