Monday, April 25, 2011

Wish I could Sleep in

My daughter's bus comes so early in the morning.  We live just about 5-10 minute drive from school but her stop is one of the first on the route so we have to have her up and out the door by 6:30 a.m.  Ray and I usually both get up at 5:30.  I get her ready while he gets ready for work and then he stands out at the bus stop with her.  He leaves for work about 6:50.  But currently I am solo.  He's busy with work and so I have to get her and I completely ready now.  Luckily today she didn't fight me.  Usually it is a big battle.  Now if I decide to take her to school and let her sleep in to 6:30 she is so much more pliable to getting up and ready.  School starts at 7:50 and I leave the house at 7:30 to get there in time.  The only problem is since she is so young I have to walk her to her class and so that means dragging all the kids out of the car so the bus is usually the best option when I have no where else to go.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I don't understand why a school makes kids go so early. Kids that age need sleep. If they have to get up that early it cuts into sleep time and no wonder they are crabs. Do they really excell if they are sleep deprived? Our schools start at 9am. The boys get up at 8am and are out the door at 8:40ish. I know we are closer to our schools so they can walk, but even still they get sleep they need.
Can you sleep in on Saturday? Sorry you are going solo right now.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

That is an early day! And wow, school starts so early there! Our school starts at 8:25. I am thankful that Brian is almost always there to take care of babies while I get Brilee ready. I'm sorry you are going solo right now. Yuck! I love being able to sleep in, unfortunately the babies don't love it so much, so every day, even the ones we don't need to be up, we are. But at least it is at 6:30-7am and not any earlier. :)