Tuesday, April 19, 2011

That Girl!!!!

Sheila was asked to bring 18 candy filled eggs to school for her Easter egg hunt on Friday.  Her teacher wanted them there by today so she could get them numbered since each child finds their number.  Since I will be bringing Timmy and Sheila along with me I decided to get 18 for Timmy and then some extra.  Well, because I am a little lazy this year I bought the prefilled ones and I bought a box of 30 and a bag of 24.  I decided to send all of them since then maybe Kimberly could find a half dozen or so and there would be extra incase one of the other children didn't bring some.

Well, if I had been thinking I would have sent them with her yesterday when Ray took her to school but she was already taking a milk jug for her Easter basket project.  I sent them today with her on the bus, all 54.  At about 9 I get a call from her teacher.  Sheila had opened the box (the bag of 24 was totally missing) and had eaten the candy out of the eggs.  I am sure she shared with her friend on the bus and who knows who else.  Her teacher ended up with 8 filled eggs and 12 empty ones.  I was so upset with that child.  I am going to talk to her bus driver to see if he saw what went on but because her backpack was full of empty candy wrappers I am under no illusion that one of the older kids took them all from her.  I headed out to Walmart this morning to replace the missing eggs and she will be paying for those.  Luckily her teacher had enough candy to fill the 12 that were empty and so I only bought another box of 30 for Timmy and Kimberly to find during the hunt.  Little Stinker.

No comments: