Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September So Far

This month has been so busy already. It seems like I am not able to get stuff done around the house. However, I did get the swing set up and we moved the kids' car seats to the back. Still need to install the base for the infant car seat in the middle seat. Sheila is excited because she will be sitting behind the baby. I need to start getting my bag packed. I also have finally got Ray to hang up my bulletin board and dry erase boards for the kids. The kids earn points for doing certain chores and then those points will turn into an allowance. Sheila is excited about having her own money to spend. In two weeks when they get their first allotment of allowance we will be having a FHE about tithing. We also implemented a new reward/consequence system in the house. It is similar to what Sheila has in school. We came up with 7 rules and when they break one of those they get a warning. The second time they get a time out and the third time they go from a green light to a yellow. It is a stop light. They start with a green light every day. If they have a green light still at the end of the day they get to pick a treat out of the green light jar. If they get a red light (the fourth time) then they lose computer privileges (mostly for Sheila since Timmy doesn't play on the computer yet) for the next day. So far it has worked well. Timmy got a yellow light yesterday for hitting his sister and so he had to watch her get something out. Hopefully he will stop hitting, scratching, and pulling her hair. Sheila's big thing is whining and tantrums.

I have pretty much finished up Christmas shopping for the kids. Sheila's big item will be bought just before Christmas since we have no where to hide it. I also have most of Timmy's birthday bought. They are not getting anything large (except Sheila's one gift) since their room is overflowing with toys already. But they are getting things they like and will play with.

I had my doctor's appointment today. I am not even dilated so I don't have to go for two more weeks. I never dilated with my other two until I was very close. Sheila I didn't dilate until after I was in labor for several hours. Timmy I was dilated a little bit when they induced me a week early. This one I plan to just let come when she/he wants too. It will be interesting to see if I have shorter labor than 12 hours (my labor with Timmy even being induced.) I sure hope it isn't as long as Sheila's (50 hours.) Everything else is fine. My weight gain has stablized and I am on track of gaining about as much as I did with Timmy although I was hoping for less since I had extra weight when I got pregnant this time.

I hope to get a few more things for the fair (October 5-10) done and labeled incase Ray has to enter them for me. But I am not able to do as much so I am slowing down a bit. I am just doing the necessary cleaning currently. My hands and feet swell constantly now. My hands feel like sausages when I get up in the morning. I try to keep off me feet as much as possible. I work on something for only about an hour now and then take a rest. I am now also congested. I am pretty sure it is from the pregnancy. I have been off and on for several weeks now. I had a cold about a month ago but this time it is different so I am pretty sure it's from the pregnancy. I am ready to have the baby. I don't remember so many aches and pains with the other two but I know this little baby will be worth every bit of it and am grateful that I have had a healthy pregnancy again.

2 comments:

Cher said...

pretty much sums it up! I am starting to get mystuff together for the hospital as well. SInce I will be there 4 days I need something to do so I am taking our Christmas cards!
I need to start doing some kindof chart thing for M. SHe is starting to get old enough to know what is right and wrong. She looks right at me when she wants to do something wrong and kinda thinks...Should I or should I not. It drives me crazy! Let me know how yours works oout. Sounds cute and effective.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

The reward system sounds like a great idea! Glad it is working! We need something, but I don't want to give the kids something every day either. ha ha!

Yay on being done with Christmas shopping, I want to be done next month, before the bedrest comes.

and I can't believe how close you are! I hope your labor is nice and short!