Friday, September 18, 2009

Word to the Wise...

Don't go to a case lot sale when you are 9 months pregnant. I dropped Sheila off at school this morning since I needed to pay for her lunches. Then Timmy and I ran to wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I decided to head over to the case lot sale at the commissary. Last time I got there around the time it was open and it wasn't bad. When I got there a few minutes after 9 (which is when they open) and had to park far away I should have known something was up. Another expectant mother got the expectant mother parking spot just moments before me. Poor Timmy didn't even get an airplane cart. He was so good though. The line to the caselot sale started over by the produce section at the front of the store and stretched across the back of the store to the doors to the back room. It took 30 minutes just to get in the back room. After I got my loot I left the line just for a moment to check on getting pita bread since all the stores seems to be out currently. None. I go to get back in line to check out and it is backed up into the back room. I decide to sit down for a little bit and talk to the older people drinking coffee. They told me to call 911 (since I am 9 months pregnant) and maybe that will get me out of there sooner. Finally I go back to look for the end of the line. One of the workers was starting to form a second line for checking out and then a nice man let me in front of him since I was so pregnant. I thanked him. When I got up to the front a cashier took me through a self check out since I only had a few big boxes and a few smaller things. Thank heavens for nice people or I would still be standing in that line. It took over an hour and half and half of that time was standing in line.

2 comments:

Cher said...

Sometimes when I walk by its like parting the Red Sea. I guess people know that preggos WILL run over you here! LOL

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

You are a brave woman! Glad you could get a few things inspite of all the lines!