Monday, April 6, 2009

Our first day at the beach 2009

Friday was finally a nice sunny day so we headed to the beach in the afternoon. It was breezy and still cold so we did not go in the water, plus the seas were really rough. The kids enjoyed playing in the sand.
Ray built this cool sand castle. One of the spires fell right after I took this picture.

Here he is trying to repair it. Soon after that the surf came out and washed the whole thing away. Poor Timmy got wet and started shivering. I wrapped him in two towels and put him in the wagon and we headed back to the parking lot. We were at the base beach and there is about a 1/3 mile boardwalk plus several yards of beach to walk down before we get to the gulf. We now bring a wagon to haul everything.


I thought I had sprayed Timmy well enough but his shoulders, arms, and face still burned. I didn't spray myself as well as I usually do as well and I burnt my feet (lobster feet) so I couldn't wear shoes all weekend, my legs, my arms, and my face. Sheila only had spots of sunburnwhere the spray missed and Ray just got it on the back of his neck and he didn't wear any sunblock.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Looks like fun! Great castle too!