Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Dying

Friday night we dyed Easter eggs since Saturday was supposed to be a busy day for us (it turned out not to be.)
We used two different kits. One was the Dudley dye that I used to use all the time as a kid and I love that dye. The color on the eggs always turns out better. The other one had a glitter kit. I did all the glittering since I knew it would be a big fight/mess if the kids got a hold of that.

Instead of the dipper Timmy used his hand and dyed his hand blue/green in the process.

Both kids had a blast. We tried to color 17 eggs but a couple got cracked in the process.

Here are some of our finished products. Maybe next year we can start teaching them to layer colors. Or maybe the next year or the next year or the next year.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Looks like everyone had fun, and I love Timmy's hands!:)

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Yup, my kids dye their hands every year (still!) and I think half of Tuck's eggs ended up brown this year, he loves redipping. ;)

And no matter how many I boil, there are never enough. lol