Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1993

In 1993 I finished my Junior year. I asked out a guy for the first time. I asked a guy named Adam (different Adam than the one that doubled on my other dates with Lee) to Morp, a girl choice dance. His sister's wedding reception was that evening but he agreed to go and he picked me up after the reception so we were only at the dance for about an hour.

That summer my sister got married. I was her maid of honor. I discovered I had a talent for floral work when I was working on her bouquets and ended up doing most of them myself since the other women thought mine looked better. (My sister is now divorced so that is why I didn't include pictures of everyone else in here.) The picture below is my cousin, Emma, and I. My cousin was another one of Raydon's bridemaids. Raydon had a reception both in Rupert and Salt Lake. The one in Salt Lake first since she got married there. The cake top fell off the cake and shattered on the floor so my aunt made another one out of frosting for her for the reception in Rupert (the next day) and it turned out great.
That summer I went and stayed with my grandma in Tooele, Utah. I worked at my uncle's floral shop. I only worked when they had a lot of work since I wasn't one of their regular employees. My grandma was living alone for the first time in years because my aunt remarried just a month before my sister did and had moved out. I grew close to my grandma that year.

The fall began my senior year. I don't have many good memories about my senior year. My two best friends pretty much dropped out of school. Dinece only had to attend one trimester since she technically would have graduated the year before if she hadn't had to redo the 9th grade for one class. So once she was finished with the one trimester she was gone. Carrie only needed two trimesters (I needed all three because I had taken release time seminary every year) so she was going to come back for the last two. I tried to tell her to come for the first two and then take the last one off. She ended up not coming back to school.

I lockered in the same locker I did when I was a sophomore with my sister. I was a counselor's aid my first trimester and was able to look up people's schedules. I found out my crush, Kody, was in the same literature class as me just a different hour. I rearranged my schedule and then approached my counselor with the changes and he approved it. It was the first class I had with his since he and I both quit band our Sophomore year. We had it together the second or third trimester which I will talk about next blog.

Dinece and Carrie still attended the football games with me that year since Dinece was still in school with me. Our football team really stank. It was hard to watch the guys lose time and time again. Kody was on the football team for the first time since 9th grade. He was a basketball player. One bright spot was that Kody finally slow danced with me at the after game dances that year.

I think the first trimester ended around October and that is when it got hard for me. I no longer had any close friends at school. I still had friends that I ate lunch with (mostly juniors and sophomores), went to basketball games with (seniors), and joined up with at the church and school dances (seniors, juniors, and sophomores.) But I didn't have anyone to share secrets with or talk about boys or anything like that. I would come home crying most days and my mom would sit in my room and cry with me.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I can't tell you how many times my mom was my confidant. I would have been your friend. At least I am now!:O)

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

I love your senior pic! I wish we would have lived closer back then!

Love the wedding pic too, I remember that, and visiting with your cousin Emma all night. :)