Wednesday, February 18, 2009

1991

I finished 9th grade in 1991. I have a few memories from that time that sticks out. The first and saddest is the death of my granddad Dudley. He died on Valentine's Day. I was at a volleyball game at the church when my sister and I found out. That's also the last time I have seen some of my cousins. Sad that we don't get together for any other event.

In Science class we took a photography section. That is when I really got interested in taking pictures. We also got to develop our own pictures.

My friends Carrie, Dinece, and I went to a big science thing that year. I think two buses full of 9th graders went. It was on a Saturday. My crush Kody also went and he sat with my friend Jean, who was his neighbor, and my friends and I sat in front of them. It was really a lot of fun. I went to a class about bubbles and got my picture taken by a robot.

That summer we went camping and met up with Kirk again. I spent the week riding on the back of his dirt bike as we rode all over that mountain. The day we parted he gave me my first kiss, a chicken peck.

That fall I started high school as a sophomore. The sophomores lockered in the English building and since Carrie and Dinece went together to register they got to locker together and I was put with a stranger who let all her friends use our locker. We had trimesters (3 trimesters instead of 2 semesters with 5 classes each time.) I only had English two of those trimesters and so one trimester I didn't have any classes out in the English building (also held foreign language classes) and then only one the other two trimesters so I ended up lockering in the senior hall with my sister.

I still was in band that year and we had a marching band for the football games. I was sick the day they handed out uniforms so when I got to choose I had either a really large pair of pants or one that I barely could button up (and I was very skinny in high school) and then a very large top.

I also met another boy who came from the other junior high school named Shawn. I liked him and I think at first he liked me because he ended up holding my hand during a game to "warm them up." But later he chose another one of my friends over me.

I also "went out" with my first boyfriend. Since I wasn't 16 we couldn't date but we wrote notes to each other and held hands at school. It only lasted a few weeks.

2 comments:

Cher said...

Love those high school romances!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

So cute! I just love reading all of these!