Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yay, A Fun Getaway

Ray and I had a weekend to ourselves.  One of my friends from the church, her husband, and three girls were sealed in the temple down in Orlando this weekend.  Ray came home Friday night from school and then his parents came over to stay the night.  We left at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday to make it down there for the sealing.  It was such a beautiful experience.  I cried when they brought their daughters in.  After the temple we went to lunch (late) and then to X-men and then to the Cheesecake factory for dessert.  We cashed in Ray's free night on a hotel card and then left early this morning to come home.  I would have liked to do more temple work while there but unfortunately by the time we got out of the sealing and had lunch the temple was closed for the day.  We plan on going down next month again and doing some.  It was a much needed break.  I am grateful for my husband to drive so much this weekend so I could attend.  I was glad to get back and see my children.  However, the moment I stepped in the temple I was happy.  Makes me wish we had one close enough so that I could go more often and get a babysitter easier.  Orlando temple is 6 hours away and so it is an overnight trip or a really long day when we go.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful thing to get to go do. Good for you for being able to get away and do something nice as a couple.:)