Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The rest of Easter and catch up

Ray was gone during Easter so it was sort of spread out in what we did.  We attended Sheila's school Easter egg hunt.  The kids all came back with a huge amount of eggs.  I sent 54 with Sheila to school but she only ended up with 8 full ones and 12 empty ones when she got there.  So I bought another 30 for Timmy and Kimberly to contribute.  I think 24 more might have actually made it in since one of the little girls in her class that rides her bus but doesn't celebrate Easter because of her religion brought in some eggs but I couldn't get the whole truth out of Sheila so who knows.






Then Sunday morning the Easter Bunny came to visit out house. He just hid eggs this time for the kids to find.






The kids wore their Easter outfits to church although Sheila has refused to wear her since.

Daddy came home Monday, May 2.  On May 4, we joined Sheila's class on their field trip to the strawberry farm.

The kids got to pet one of the baby bunnies.  They have chickens, bunnies, bees, peacocks, geese, cows, turkeys, and pigs there.
 Then we took a wagon ride around the farm.



Finally to the picking.  Unfortunately we were at the back of a huge crowd and didn't get many big berries.  It was actually quite frustrating because I had my three kids and another little girl trying to pick and all they were finding were tiny ones and they wanted to get big ones.  I had bought a box for Timmy and Kimberly to share and good thing I didn't buy anymore since we barely filled the two we had (Sheila got one with her field trip fees.)

For  Mother's Day, Ray took me to the movies (on Saturday) and then we also got another two charms for my charm bracelet.  He was going to buy me a quilting foot for my sewing machine but we got to the shop 8 minutes after it closed so we will have to pick one up some other time.

While Ray was gone the kids also attended two birthday parties for little girls in our ward.  Other than that I have been busy sewing and crocheting and knitting.  I will be updating my other blog hopefully tomorrow with one of those projects but I have to get pictures of some others that are completed.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you have been busy being a mom. Can't wait to see your new projects.:)