Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Could you at least look?

So Ray, Timmy, and I stopped by Wal-Mart last Friday after we got Sheila off to school. We were getting a few things we needed and I decided to pick up our pictures I had sent out the previous Friday. While Ray was filling out the envelope for the pictures he took while on his TDY in Virginia I went to the counter. One customer was there printing pictures from the kiosk. The lady behind the counter was talking on the phone. She kept talking (I hope it was a customer and not personal or this story will get even better) for a few minutes before hanging up and coming over to me. I gave her my envelope flaps, told her they were send out, and my last name. She asked, "When did you send them out?"

"Friday," I answered. All week I had my days off or I would have responded to her differently from here on out. I can't remember what day I thought it was that day.

"They won't be back yet. They should be here at 3 today," she gave me the stubs back. (It was between 9-10 in the morning.)

"That was more than three days ago."

"It's five days now for send out."

"How long has it been five days?" I guess I thought it was Wednesday.

"Since I have been back here." Like I know how long she has been back there.

I turned around and headed to where Ray was still filling out the envelope. I was getting more upset because she didn't even look. I looked at the sign and it said they should be back Wednesday and that is when I realized it was Friday and they should be back already. I say to Ray, "She didn't even look. I'm going back and telling her according to the sign they should be back and see if she could at least look."

I go back to the counter and she is gone. The customer printing out prints from the kiosk is finishing up and said to me, "She said she will be right back."

As I am waiting I am getting madder and madder. We don't go to Wal-Mart all that often and it irritated me that she didn't even look before assuming that they weren't back. Ray comes over with Timmy and the basket. He starts to walk off. I asked where he was going. He goes over to the electronic clerks stocking shelves and gets one of them to come back to help me. She found all four of my picture envelopes. I wanted the first lady to come back so I could say, "Thanks for looking. They were back." But she never showed her face. It has been several days and I am still annoyed with that exchange.

1 comment:

Cher said...

I am sorry... but seriously I just had to laugh. Sorry! Hey do you know if your having a boy or girl yet?