Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Family Day

Ray's work had Family Day out at Bonita Bay on July 23.  It was so hot and I was miserable but the rest of the family had fun.
 They had a guy there making balloon shapes for the kids.  Sheila got a flower.
 Timmy got a monkey.
 Ray participated in the cardboard boat races.  He's in the red.  There were four boats but they only raced two at a time.  It was a time race.  The other boat, shaped as a F22 jet, sank as soon as the guys got in it.

 Ray was nearly in the water when they got back.  His troop (Ray's his supervisor) finished dumping him in after the race.  They came in third overall but because one boat was disqualified since they used something other than cardboard and duct tape, they came in second.

 The kids had fun on the water slide.  I had to get after them because they didn't wait for people to clear out of the bottom and we had a four kid pile up at the bottom and Sheila bit her lip pretty good.

Kimberly was also hot and miserable.  She wouldn't let me put her down.  My hips and back ached from sitting on a bench for two hours and holding, carrying her.  By the time Ray brought the car around I was in tears.  He had to go get the other kids.  I couldn't breathe and Ray asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital.  Once I sat in full blast air conditioning for a few minutes I was able to calm down and breathe again.  It was pretty scary though.  We didn't go to the pioneer activity that night because of it. 

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun day! Hooray for Ray and his team. I'm so sorry it was a rotten day for you. I'm glad you were finally able to find some relief and get cooled down. That's scary to get overheated.:(

Anonymous said...

Hi Meylinda,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Bonita Bay to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane