Monday, March 21, 2011

Disney World 2011

For Sheila's spring break we went down to Orlando/Tampa for a few days and visited some of the parks.  We drove down on the 16th and on the 17th we went over to Tarpon Springs near Tampa to visit my friends that will be leaving on a mission next month to Scotland/Ireland.  That night the rest of Ray's family arrived.  I got a migraine the day before and was still feeling sick from that so those two days weren't very pleasant for me.

They decided to go to the Magic Kingdom the next day.  Let's just say that it was crowded and hot.  The kids had fun but not so much the rest of us.  It actually was a big fiasco and made us decide to be more selective of who we invite on certain vacations in the future.

Here are some of the pictures from the day.
 Yay, we are finally here.
 We found Woody in Frontierland.  Timmy was very excited to meet him.  Kimberly not so much.
Sheila and I skipped lunch to find Ariel.  This actually got me in a lot of trouble with a certain one of Ray's family members.  Since they were busy eating I didn't think it was a big deal.  But I was accused of not caring about what the others wanted to do and going off to get signatures and pictures of all the characters.  But 3 of the 4 we got was before 2 p.m. (since we didn't even get into the actual park until like 10:30 and it takes so long to get anywhere) and 2 we just happened upon and the kids wanted to do it.  But Sheila meeting Ariel was the highlight of her and my day.  She was so happy and gave Ariel the biggest longest hug I have ever seen.

Here the kids, their uncles, their cousin, and Daddy went on splash mountain.  I missed them coming down.  I waited in the hot sun for about 45 minutes (even though they had fast passes) to see if I could catch them on the ride.  My family is in the two first rows.
 After splash mountain we ran into Mickey and Minnie.
 Kimberly enjoyed an ice cream with me.
 We all rode the carousel.
Since Lydia hadn't got to meet any of the princesses at the end of the day we went to find Tiana.  This is the other event that got me in hot water, although it had been 4 hours since the last one.  When I saw the line I wanted to go but the girls wanted to meet her so we stayed.  It was the three girls (Kimberly in the stroller) and Nettie and I.  I fianlly told Ray to tell his brother that he could leave with the rest of the family and and we would take Nettie back with us since we had room in our car.

Ray and I decide next time we will go around February (when it's a little cooler and less crowded) like we did two years ago and just go by ourselves or with other people who have children.  I wish I could say more positive things about our trip.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the pictures and it looks like the kids had a nice time. So sorry there had to be someone to make it misserable. I say phht on them and go again w/o them.:)

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Sorry for someone having the grumpies! The kids are adorable, Kimberly is getting so big!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

And places like Disney Land/World are for the kids, if meeting a character makes them happy, then you do it. lol. :)