Thursday, February 25, 2010

She's got Bangs

Since I grew up with bangs I had determined I would never give my daughter them until she was old enough to decide for herself.  I dreamed of doing pretty things with her hair; pony tails, braids, you name it.  Then I was awarded with a beautiful daughter with hair at birth.  It grew quickly and I soon saw that dream fulfilled but it would not be for long.  The beautiful girl grew up and now I am lucky if I get a brush pulled through it on a daily basis.  A year ago she cut her own bangs.  I hid her scissors for a month and let it start to grow out.  Her hair began to hang in her face all the time.  I have the pictures to prove it. She then began to ask for bangs like mommy's.  Finally I decided to give her proper bangs.  I never saw me in her until I snipped that hair and my childhood face leapt out at me.  I also cut a couple of inches off the back (it needed it.)  Moments after taking this picture she told me she didn't want them anymore because they tickled her.  I asked her three times before I snipped away.  Now two weeks later she doesn't even notice them.

And in other news I have a few more pictures that are just random:
My two cute cupcakes.
Clowning around
Very big brother.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I think she looks great with bangs. She's such a cute little girl!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

so cute! I've always thought she looked like you, but that first picture, WOW! She really does look like you!! And Timmy is so long and skinny!