Thursday, February 11, 2010

She's Five

Sheila turned five on Saturday and we had her birthday party.  I made her birthday invitations by cutting up Valentines and then making my own cards and strawberries.  No one has Strawberry party supplies except the party store.
The kids played three games but I only got pictures of two of them since Ray kept getting calls from work and he was suppose to be the photographer (usually my job but I was running the games.)  Sheila's friend's mom ended up taking most of these pictures.  We had eight kids in all come.
Sheila had fun opening her presents.  She got a lot of strawberry shortcakes stuff.  She also got a Cinderella princess doll (she has four now and none of them are alike) and a doll with homemade clothes plus the quilt and pillow case I made.
Also luckily one of the local bakeries have strawberry shortcake theme cakes.  However, they did away with the one we really wanted to get just a week before her birthday so we got the second best one.  It turned out to be cute and was just enough.  After the party there was just enough for each of us in our family to have one more piece.
It took a few tries but she finally got the candles blown out.  I think she and all the kids had lots of fun.  An hour after her party she went to another birthday party for one of the little girls that came to hers.  It was a busy but fun day and Mommy was glad it was over.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

love the cake and Happy Birthday Sheila!! I want to see the homemade doll and clothes!!