Monday, February 1, 2010

Report on New Year Goals

So the first day of every month I will try to post how I am doing on my goals and things I was looking for in 2010, mostly so I can remind myself and see how much I need to do.

10 things I look forward to:
1. trip to Idaho-planning away.
2. Winter olympics-11 days and counting.
3.  Ray's raise-still waiting but should be this month.
4. "Tower of Midnight"- unfortunately that is not being released until December but I have ordered some other books that I look forward to plus I have my list of books I want to read.
5. Kimberly's firsts-she began laughing this month and rolled over for the first time on January 25 from her belly to her back.  Hasn't done it again.
6. new van-well, we got a SUV instead (pictures and blog to follow.)  We got a 2009 Kia Borrego EX Limited.  It was used but only had 7000 miles on it so we got it for a really good deal.
7. beach-still too cold but hopefully we start going at least monthly in March.
8. Sheila going to kindergarten-in the fall.
9. temple-probably  not until the summer since Kimberly is so little and the temple is so far away.
10. moving-that may not happen this year but I would like to start fixing up the little things in our house at least.

10 Goals for 2010
1. learn to use my serger-probably won't get to that until April.  I sew every third month.  I had to get the kids quilts done for their birthdays so I sewed these last two months meaning February and March are my scrapbooking months.
2. finish Old Testament-going slower than I hoped.  I am only on Second Kings (starting the year at the end of First Kings) so I plan to start reading at least two chapters a day.
3. catch up on one scrapbook-I hope to do it this month, starting today.
4. paint the inside of the house-haven't started.
5. finish the "Work and the Glory," "Harry Potter," and "Twilight" series again.  I am on the 8th book of the "Work and the Glory."
6. make my own cookbook-still marking recipes but should also start working on this these next two months.
7. lost 14 pounds, and then start working on 5-10 more-I have lost the rest of the 4 pounds from the pregnancy weight.  Just 10 more to go.  I hope to have that gone by middle of June when we head out to Idaho. I have been leaving two bites at every meal (read to do that in a magazine) and just purchased a pedometer and going to try to walk 7000+ steps a day.  So far (we were traveling) didn't get nearly that much.  Today will be my first normal day to wear it and see where I am at.
8. make over $200 at the fair-have a few projects done and working away.
9. get a fence and new shed-hopefully this spring or fall.
10. start writing again-still need to start.

So there are my updates. I hope to be making more progress on more of them by next month.

No comments: