Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 7, June 15, 2010

We got to stay all day in Nauvoo that day.
We started off at the ox cart.  We were the first to arrive for the day and so we got to watch them hook up the oxen.  The kids loved it.
Then we stopped by Pionner Pasttimes and spent quite a bit of time there.  The kids loved playing all the different games. 
The kids really didn't enjoy the tours of all the buildings so we only did a few of those.  I hope to go back when they are a little older so they can see everything that they missed and maybe enjoy it.
We spent the last part of the day on two wagon rides.  We took one out into the country and had to go through a small creek.  The last one was through the streets of Nauvoo.  Kimberly cried through one whole trip and I was so ready to get off.  Our wagon masters on that one were both from my hometown of Rupert, Idaho.
And of course the temple was beautiful.  We didn't go this time but last time we came through Nauvoo (when I was moving to Florida after getting married) my parents, Ray, and I all attended and it is just as beautiful inside as it is out.  And just a little side note, one of my friends that I met while at Utah State had the opportunity to paint the temple and I still have the plate he sent me from there.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Lovely! I would love to do a church history tour with the kids someday, maybe on our way to visit you! :)