Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 1: Magic Kingdom

We took the kids to the "Happiest Place on Earth" this past week. Although it is funny how many kids have complete meltdowns at the "Happiest Place on Earth."

However our story begins before we make it to the park. The drive down to Orlando, about 5.5 hours, was uneventful with only stopping once to feed the baby and another time for Sheila to use the potty. We even ate on the road since Kimberly was sleeping so well. We got there about 4 p.m. We rented a three bedroom three bath townhouse and the office was closed so we got the key out of the lock box and got the directions to the place. Kimberly woke up and wanted to eat so we decided to go straight to the house. Found it fine and then the key doesn't turn. We both try for over 20 minutes. I start freaking out, Ray gets annoyed with me for freaking out, but the baby is screaming.

We call the office number and I leave a message as we drive back to the office. The guy calls back 5 minutes later and is on his way. I nurse Kimberly in the car while we wait. When he comes to the office he brings out a toy Oscar the Grouch for each of the kids and takes us back to the house with two keys. Yup, the key was bad and so he gave us the two that works. The next morning we have to go back to the office to officially check in.

Right after that we head over to Magic Kingdom. When I checked the weather before we left Panama City it was suppose to be fair wheather so I brought only two pair of shorts for the kids and one pair of capris for me. Well, it was very hot. When we got to the park the "Celebration of Life" performance was just ending so I got a couple of pictures of that.

The kids met Donald Duck. It was amazing that Sheila would even go up to them since in February she wouldn't. He signed their books and then we got this picture. Since she did so good with Donald we decided to try the Princesses this time. She had a complete meltdown in front of them in February. We stood in line for about 20 minutes (not bad since I heard the line to see Tinker Bell and the Fairies was over an hour long.)

This time Timmy wouldn't go up to them. He was tired and shy. But Sheila loved meeting them especially Cinderella, her favorite princess. I didn't get too many pictures that day because I carried Kimberly around in a sling and often was sitting on a park bench somewhere while Ray took them on rides. I had gotten pictures in February of most of the other rides they went on.
The park was crowded and we stayed until about 4 p.m. It was a lot of fun though and I enjoyed the "It's a Small World" ride that I got to go on. I also talked to other mothers while I sat on benches. I am also over my nursing in public problem since I nursed Kimberly where ever I was at. (Yes, I did have a blanket covering me.) I also learned how to nurse her in the sling. Very nice since it covered me even more.
They do have child care centers at most of the parks with a nursing room. The one at Magic Kingdom was a little bit away from where we were at so I didn't bother walking back there all the time.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Glad that Sheila did better with the characters this time! And I am happy to hear you are more comfortable with nursing in public, it sure makes things easier!