Monday, November 16, 2009

Falling Waters Picnic and Park


We also took my parents out to Falling Waters state park for a picnic and to do the nature walks. The kids also played in the park. When we got there two buses full of elementary students were there swarming over the playground so we decided to have our picnic first. I nursed Kimberly first in the van so my family picked out the table. Once I got over there a bee attacked me and wouldn't leave me alone. I am not fond of bugs. Usually I don't mind them when they are outside because I can just move away from them. But when I am eating it is not convenient to have to move. Needless to say I didn't eat much. My plate got picked up by a rogue wind and dumped my salads on the table. My drink got invaded by the bee. My family laughed at me when I would run away from the table. I finally just threw away the rest of my food and we took the kids over to the playground to play. They had to compete with all the students for about 15 minutes and then the students left. The kids enjoyed the swings most. And wouldn't you know it another bee started to terrorize me while I was watching the kids play.

After awhile we talked the kids into going on the nature walks to see the sink holes and the waterfall. I went back to the car to nurse Kimberly and then laid back while they went on the other nature trail out to the lake. Afterwards they let the kids play again in the playground. The weather was nice and besides the bee attack it was a fun day.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

darn bees! glad it was nice otherwise!