Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Building together

I ordered a bookshelf and a dresser from Walmart.com and had them shipped to our local store.  We picked up the bookshelf and built it on the 2nd.
 Timmy was a big help.  He wanted to do everything from hammering to using the screw driver.
 The girls even got in on the action.
 Kimberly making sure the screws were tight.
 Timmy helping out daddy get the screws in upside down.
 I love this picture of Kimberly's funny face.  I never seen her make that one before.
 Finally it was time to hammer on the back.
I forgot to get a picture of the finished project but I love the look of the new bookshelf.  We placed it in the living room and took the one from there and put in our room and put the small one in the kids room.  I wish the other place I want to get a new bookshelf for was wide enough for this one because I would buy another one in a heart beat.

We got the dresser last weekend and Ray built it mostly while I was at a bridal shower and when I was reading to the kids.  It is white and went in the kids room.  I liked the look of it but it really is not that white.  I may give it another coat a paint when we paint the kids room later this year or beginning of next year.  Also it has a really cheap cardboard back.  That was disappointing.  Other than that I am pretty happy with it.

No comments: