Friday, December 10, 2010

I think it was food poisoning

I am not sure what it was that might have given me food poisoning but I think that most likely what made me so ill.  I started feeling bad Tuesday night.  By Wednesday I could tell something was definitely wrong.  My stomach had a dull ache to it and I had no appetite.  I had no fever and the rest of me felt fine.  Slowly energy began to drain from me.  Ray ended up working the swing shift that day and so I had to put the kids to bed myself.  I put Kimberly to bed by 6:30 and then the kids and I watched Sruvivor, which was interrupted by my many false alarm potty breaks.  At 8 we did the Friend's little Christmas tree ornament scripture for the day (my kids love it by the way) and their advent calendars.  Then I tried to read Harry Potter to them but ended up just lying on their bedroom floor until Timmy fell asleep.  I left Sheila to fall asleep on her own while I took a bath.  A nice warm bath always helps when I feel sick.  I also noticed that I was getting a severe pain in my right side.  If I tried to curl up in a fetal position it felt like a knife shooting up that side.  I started to freak out that it might be appendicitis.  Ray was supposed to be home by 9:30, that was an hour away.

I got in the bath and huddled in the warm water.  Our big tub takes two fillings in the winter with hot water to get enough so I had it only half full and planned to fill it another time but when I started the water again things started moving in my nether regions (just looked up the true meaning of that word and it sure felt like that that night.) I jumped out of the tub but it was just another false alarm.  I managed to get some clothes on.  I laid on my bedroom floor rotating from rocking back and forth on my knees or lying on my side.  Finally I got a hold of Ray a little after 9:30.  He stayed a little later and would be home a little after 10.  I had been debating whether to wait for him or try to find someone to take me to the hospital since the pain in my right side got very severe.  I finally managed to get on my bed and sit there with my bowl.  I knew it was only a matter of time and was praying it would just happen.  Suddenly I felt the eruption begin and took off for the bathroom with my bowl in hand.  Good thing to because I didn't quite make it the 10 feet to my bathroom when the first wave hit.  Miraculously the pain in my side disappeared as soon as the grossness left my body.  I was weak and queasy still but the pain was gone and I finally could move around without feeling like I needed to have a bathroom close by.

Ray got home right after that.  Luckily that was the only time and I slowly have started feeling better.  Yesterday I took it easy and only ate mild things.  I still got a little nauseous after eating meals but nothing happened and it soon got better.  My appetite started returning around 2 p.m.  I therefore concluded it must have been food poisoning.  I ate the same thing as my family but I must have got the portion contaminated or maybe just susceptible to it.

Now I have a lot to do since Timmy's birthday party is tomorrow and I need to clean the house.  Hopefully no one else gets sick too so everyone can enjoy it.  Glad I didn't have appendicitist.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Man! I'm also glad you did not have appendicitis, sure didn't sound fun though!