Friday, July 23, 2010

A Day of Relaxation

My inlaws picked up Sheila and Timmy yesterday morning around 9 a.m. and since Ray had the day off we had a day to ourselves with just little Kimberly.  We took the Borrego in to get serviced and learned there was a recall on it and since they had to order the parts we decided to let them have it overnight since they were getting the parts in this morning.  I definitely need it tomorrow so we will have to pick it up tonight.  The recall is on the plastic seat backs and they are replacing them with carpeted ones, which we were glad about because the plastic ones were pretty beat up.

Then we went shopping.  I am not a real big shopper.  I usually just like to get in and get out but I forget how enjoyable it can be without screaming children throwing tantrums and demanding everything within eye sight.  We went to Toys R Us.  Got a bunch of ideas for Christmas.  Bought a few things.  I got Sheila an Ariel costume for Halloween.  I was going to make one but found the perfect thing in the dress up aisle. I wouldn't even attempt going into that store with my children in tow.

We also went to Joanns and got material for eight different outfits.  That will probably keep me busy through August.  I hope to make a few more things besides that by the fair the first week of October so I will buy some more stuff to make in September.

Then we went to lunch at Red Lobster.  Another place I dread going to with children in tow, a sit down restaurant.  My kids run around like wild hulligans in them.  They get bored after 15 minutes.  Kimberly ate her baby food and then just played with a few things while Ray and I finished ours.  And we even had dessert.

After that we went to Target and I found some cute shoes for the kids on the clearance aisle.  Still looking for some new church shoes for Timmy though.  I have a hard time buying shoes full price (since they are about the same price as adult shoes) for shoes the kids will only wear for a year.

Finally we headed for Walmart.  I actually bought myself a few things.  I hardly ever do anymore unless I am ordering books off of Amazon.  I got a new purse.  One large enough to use as a diaper bag and purse but not huge.  I also found nursing bras.  Now from all the people I hear that nurse or at least attempt to nurse the first few months I would assume that they would be fairly easy to find and that there would be a few different styles to select from.

I hate bra shopping.  It's my least favorite thing to buy.  So I was getting a little annoyed walking around and around the bra section and not finding any nursing bras.  I rarely ask where things are but I almost did when I spotted, or rather Ray did, them on an endcap. Just one type but at least they were two packs.  There were two sets my size and so I bought both.  Hopefully I will not have to buy anymore for the rest of the time I am nursing.  I can now throw out my yellowed, stretched out, falling apart, two that I have been wearing for the last nine months (not to mention two other babies.)

We finally headed home and had a relaxing evening since the kids were staying the night.  They are also staying all day today coming home tonight for dinner.  Ray is back to work.  What am I to do with a day to myself with just the baby?  I am going to clean, that is what I am going to do.  And then start my sewing.  I think we will see if Grandma and Papa want to take them one more time before school starts again.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

How nice! Glad you could get some almost kidless shopping in. :) And nursing bras, so hard to find ones that fit right and look okay and are the right price! I need a few more since the dryer messed up the hooks on mine. :)